Covers any plans for our next stable release.
Due date: December 21st (start of release process)
Testing window starts: December 14th
This release is the focus of an amazing bug code sprint in late November (where 200 bugs were marked resolved in a week!).
This is a bug fix release on the stable branch:
- All urgent issues found after the 2.0 release
- point and polygon label displacement (implemented thanks to Hydrologis help)
We once again invite the user community to take part in a testing week prior to the release being packaged up. This time around we ask people to focus on:
- general UI and configuration
- check new minor features
- make sure there are no significant performance regressions
Due: second half of 2010
The 2.1 series focuses on the following major new features:
- Resource/Publish split
- Multidimensional coverages support and WCS improvements
- Storing the catalog in a relational database
There are many ideas that are not in the short term roadmap due to lack of resourcing (people/funding). If you find something you have a specific interest let us know and we'll try to make it happen together.