The GeoServer team is excited to attend this years event, hosted August 26-30th by the Romanian OSGeo Local chapter of geo-spatial.org. We are happy to showcase a wide range of GeoServer activities and look forward to meeting you there.
Workshops August 26-27th offer one of the main reasons to attend FOSS4G -hands-on experience with open source technology. GeoServer workshops include:
- GeoTools Developer Workshop
- Getting started with GeoServer: data configuration and styling
- GeoServer Developers Workshop
The early bird price of 50 EUR is an amazing value and well worth arriving earlier in the week.
The Main conference August 28-30 includes a wide range of GeoServer presentations covering project updates, highlighting the best features, key technologies and examples showcasing success stories.
- Creating Stunning Maps in GeoServer, with SLD, CSS, YSLD and MBStyles
- State of GeoServer 2019
- GeoServer feature frenzy
- Mapping the world beyond Web Mercator
- Crunching Data In GeoServer : Mastering Rendering Transformations, WPS Processes And SQL Views.
- GeoServer WFS3: introduction to the RESTful, schemaless, JSON first download service
- Standing up a OSM clone with GeoServer and CSS
- State of JAI
- The secret life of open source developers
- Using the OGC Web Processing Service (WPS) to move business logic to the server
- And many more …
This year also features labs which offer a hands-on experience open to all conference participants. GeoServer is represented with:
- Becoming a Documentation Contributor
- Introduction to OGC services, with examples from GeoServer
If you would like to attend a lab be sure to arrive early, when offered at prior conference labs have proven really popular (standing room only).
The week concludes with a FOSS4G Community Sprint (wiki signup). GeoServer opportunities include:
- Did you take the developer workshop? This is a great chance to make your first pull-request.
- Did you attend the Documentation Contributor Lab? Join us and put your new skills to use!
- Experienced GeoServer developers can use the wiki to organize additional topics prior to the event.
- FOSS4G 2018 GeoServer Developers Workshop
- GeoServer at FOSS4G 2017 Boston
- REST API Code Sprint Prep
- Nov 18th Bug Stomp
- Online GeoServer Bug Stomp - July 2016 Results
- Online GeoServer Bug Stomp
- GeoServer Explorer Plugin for QGIS
- New repository and release delay
- GeoServer FOSS4G 2015 Activities
- GeoServer 2.4.0 Release Highlights