|We are pleased to announce the release of GeoServer 2.17.2 with downloads (war||zip), documentation and extensions.|
This release is made in conjunction with GeoTools 23.2 and GeoWebCache 1.17.2. This is a stable release recommended for production systems.
Thanks to everyone who contributed, and Jody Garnett (GeoCat) for making this release. Additional thanks to everyone who participated in the July bug-fix sprint organized by GeoSolutions.
Improvements and Fixes
This release includes a number of improvements, including:
- GetFeatureInfo templates can now be used for GeoJSON output
- The WPS download community module can now generate elevation models accounting for vertical grid shift when changing datum.
- Oracle extension now ready to use with included JDBC driver, the driver changed to a “Oracle Free Use Terms and Conditions” license allowing us to distribute.
- PostreSQL driver, Oracle driver, Eclipse EMF library, spring-framework, and spring-security version updates.
- Image Mosaic REST API can now be used to update the native bbox when harvesting or deleting granules
Fixes included in this release:
- GetFeatureInfo fixed to work on raster layer dynamically produced by a rendering transformation.
- Lots of WMTS fixes resolving SRS list duplicates and handling of otherSrs.
- SLD Service handling of percentages with custom classes
- Layer preview fix, was miscounting number of pages when security restrictions used to limit number of layers available
- Binary download on windows fixed to autodect Java when spaces used in path
- WFS Cascade fixed to remove duplicate SRS elements when connecting to WFS 2.0.0 layer
- MongoDB extension fixed, was missing a jar
- Database use of select distinct in the WPS Unique process fixed
- Image mosaic fixes for WPS download process bbox generation, and WMS GetMap respect of CLIP vendor parameter,
- GeoPackage supports raster tables with special characters
For more information check the 2.17.2 release notes.
For developers building from source, our community modules are a great place to collaborate on functionality and improvements.
- The JSON-LD module is under active development with templating now supporting filtering, environmental variable substitution. Thanks to the sponsorship of the French geological survey – BRGM and the French environmental information systems research center – INSIDE.
- The GSR community module working on packaging, addressed a startup problem.
About GeoServer 2.17
Features, presentations and reference material on the 2.17 series:
- New security tab on each layer, layer group and workspace page
- Option to use date created and date modified to sort UI lists
- New resource browser extension
- New Mapbox style extension
FOSDEM GeoServer Orientation presentation (slides video)
- Full OSM data directory for GeoServer available on GitHub
- Code of Conduct
Release Notes (2.17.2 2.17.1 2.17.0 2.17-RC)
- FOSS4G 2018 GeoServer Developers Workshop
- GeoServer at FOSS4G 2017 Boston
- REST API Code Sprint Prep
- Nov 18th Bug Stomp
- Online GeoServer Bug Stomp - July 2016 Results
- Online GeoServer Bug Stomp
- GeoServer Explorer Plugin for QGIS
- New repository and release delay
- GeoServer FOSS4G 2015 Activities
- GeoServer 2.4.0 Release Highlights