|We are pleased to announce the release of GeoServer 2.17.3 with downloads (war||bin), documentation and extensions.|
This release is made in conjunction with GeoTools 23.3 and GeoWebCache 1.17.3. This is a maintenance release recommended for production systems.
Thanks to everyone who contributed, and Alessandro Parma, Andrea Aime (GeoSolutions) for making this release.
Improvements and Fixes
This release includes a number of improvements. Notable improvements:
- SLDService can now advertise supported classification methods (for future proofing clients, in case new methods are added later down the road). A new standard deviation based classification method has been added.
- App-schema generating simple feature outputs (pure mapping) can now be used with all the common simple feature formats too, like shapefile, CSV, KML and so on.
- It’s possible to disable auto-complete of the UI login
- Importer has been optimized to avoid full directory scans while importing single files. This coupled with similar optimizations in image mosaic harvesting, speeds up significantly harvesting new files via importer, when contained in directories having many files.
- The vector tiles output can now get full benefit from a pre-generalized data source, reading the features at the resolution required to generate the vector tiles (was previously using the highest resolution available).
- The Jiffle process/rendering transformation can now generate multi-band outputs, and its performance received a few improvements.
Fixes included in this release:
- Memory management of raster GDAL sources has been improved.
- Layer preview with strict WMS compliance was not working any longer, this has been fixed.
For more information check the 2.17.3 release notes.
For developers building from source, our community modules are a great place to collaborate on functionality and improvements.
- The wfs-templating module has received a few improvements, and has been renamed to features-templating, to clarify it can be used with OGC API - Feautures, as well as WFS.
About GeoServer 2.17
Features, presentations and reference material on the 2.17 series:
- New security tab on each layer, layer group and workspace page
- Option to use date created and date modified to sort UI lists
- New resource browser extension
- New Mapbox style extension
FOSDEM GeoServer Orientation presentation (slides video)
- Full OSM data directory for GeoServer available on GitHub
- Code of Conduct
Release Notes (2.17.3 2.17.1 2.17.0 2.17-RC)
- FOSS4G 2018 GeoServer Developers Workshop
- GeoServer at FOSS4G 2017 Boston
- REST API Code Sprint Prep
- Nov 18th Bug Stomp
- Online GeoServer Bug Stomp - July 2016 Results
- Online GeoServer Bug Stomp
- GeoServer Explorer Plugin for QGIS
- New repository and release delay
- GeoServer FOSS4G 2015 Activities
- GeoServer 2.4.0 Release Highlights