This GeoServer 2.18.5 release was produced in conjunction with GeoTools 24.5 and GeoWebCache 1.18.4. This is a maintenance release recommended for production systems. It is also the last release of the 2.18.x series, users are warmly recommendeded to upgrade to 2.19.x, or upgrade to 2.20.0 as it gets released next month, September 2021.
Thanks to everyone who contributed, and to Alessandro Parma (GeoSolutions) and Andrea Aime (GeoSolutions) for making this release.
Improvements and Fixes
This release improves the importer module logging, as well as the documentation on how to enable and use catalog parametrization:
Fixes included in the release
- GEOS-10173 CoverageViewReader’s format not being secured with Geofence-Geoserver
- GEOS-10162 GeoServerOAuthAuthenticationFilter creates Anonymous authentication when preAuthenticated principal is not present
- GEOS-10193 Indirect imports will drop the target table if there is any failure during the import process
For details check the 2.18.5 release notes.
About GeoServer 2.18
Additional information on GeoServer 2.18 series:
- GeoServer repository transition to main branch
- FOSS4G 2018 GeoServer Developers Workshop
- GeoServer at FOSS4G 2017 Boston
- REST API Code Sprint Prep
- Nov 18th Bug Stomp
- Online GeoServer Bug Stomp - July 2016 Results
- Online GeoServer Bug Stomp
- GeoServer Explorer Plugin for QGIS
- New repository and release delay
- GeoServer FOSS4G 2015 Activities