GeoServer developers are considering a switch to Java 6 as the minimum requirement starting with GeoServer 2.2.0: this will give us an improved API to rely on, faster development cycle and a more common development environment setup (finding Java 5 is getting increasingly difficult, especially on some platforms).
The current stable series, 2.1.x, will remain on Java 5, giving people stuck on the old JDK at the very least another six months of support.
We’d like to hear your opinion on this move. Let us know by voting on the user poll:
Thanks for your participation!
- GeoServer repository transition to main branch
- FOSS4G 2018 GeoServer Developers Workshop
- GeoServer at FOSS4G 2017 Boston
- REST API Code Sprint Prep
- Nov 18th Bug Stomp
- Online GeoServer Bug Stomp - July 2016 Results
- Online GeoServer Bug Stomp
- GeoServer Explorer Plugin for QGIS
- New repository and release delay
- GeoServer FOSS4G 2015 Activities