REST Security Update for 1.7.x
A recent post describes a security issue with RESTful services in GeoServer that was fixed for GeoServer 2.0.1. A patch has been created for 1.7.x and is now available. Any users using the restconfig plugin with GeoServer 1.7 are urged to apply the patch.
Note that by applying the patch the same rules as described here apply. Users will have to either update systems that rely on anonymous access via GET operations or alternatively configure the security subsystem to allow them.
- OGC Filter Injection Vulnerability Statement
- GeoServer 2.22.0 Release
- GeoServer 2.21.2 Release
- Jiffle and GeoTools RCE vulnerabilities
- GeoServer 2.20.4 Released
- Spring4Shell RCE vulnerability
- GeoServer 2.20.3 Released
- GeoServer 2.19.5 Released
- GeoServer 2.19.4 Released
- Log4J2 zero day vulnerability assessment