GeoServer continuous map wrapping!
GeoServer is now able to output maps that look like continuous wrapped maps from Google!
Let’s have a look at an example. Below is a map drawn by GeoServer that is reprojected to a projection that happens to sit across the dateline, the usual “edge” of the map. As you can see the reprojection is not doing a good job where the dateline is crossed:
However, GeoServer now has what is called advanced projection handling. With this enabled, the dateline wrapping is properly handled and, in addition, the map repeats in a continuous fashion:
For more information, including how to turn on this (optional) feature, please see this post from GeoSolutions.
- OGC Filter Injection Vulnerability Statement
- GeoServer 2.22.0 Release
- GeoServer 2.21.2 Release
- Jiffle and GeoTools RCE vulnerabilities
- GeoServer 2.20.4 Released
- Spring4Shell RCE vulnerability
- GeoServer 2.20.3 Released
- GeoServer 2.19.5 Released
- GeoServer 2.19.4 Released
- Log4J2 zero day vulnerability assessment