This release is made by Kevin Smith (Boundless) in conjunction with GeoWebCache 1.8-RC1 and GeoTools14-RC1.
This is a release candidate for final testing before we release 2.8.0.
Fixes since beta:
For more information see 2.8-RC1 release notes.
About GeoServer 2.8
GeoServer 2.8 is scheduled for September release. For more information:
XEE Vunerability (GeoServer)
JAI-Ext, the Open Source replacement for Oracle JAI (GeoSolutions)
Customizable arrow in GeoServer (GeoSolutions)
PostGIS Curve Support (GeoSolutions)
Improved NetCDF/GRIB support in GeoServer (GeoSolutions)
GeoServer Community modules provide an area for ideas and experimentation:
WCS and WPS output formats based on gdal_translate to provide a greater range of output formats
Embedded GeoFence server, REST API and GUI is the result of a productive collaboration between GeoSolutions and Boundless offering greater rule-based control of GeoServer security
MongoDB DataStore enabling GeoServer to publish from this popular JSON based document database (no zip packaging, needs volunteer)
Community modules should be considered a work-in-progress and are subject to quality assurance, documentation IP checks and a maintainer before being considered ready for release.
- GeoServer repository transition to main branch
- FOSS4G 2018 GeoServer Developers Workshop
- GeoServer at FOSS4G 2017 Boston
- REST API Code Sprint Prep
- Nov 18th Bug Stomp
- Online GeoServer Bug Stomp - July 2016 Results
- Online GeoServer Bug Stomp
- GeoServer Explorer Plugin for QGIS
- New repository and release delay
- GeoServer FOSS4G 2015 Activities