This release is made by Torben Barsballe (Boundless) in conjunction with GeoWebCache 1.9-RC1 and GeoTools 15-RC1.
This is a release candidate for final testing before we release 2.9.0.
This release requires Java 8 and is compatible with Oracle JDK and OpenJDK
GeoServer now requires Servlet 3 (so Tomcat 7 or newer if you are doing a WAR install)
Update to Spring 4 and JAI-EXT to 1.0.9
Fixes since beta:
For more information see 2.9-RC1 release notes.
We would like to thank the sponsors of the Wicket 7 upgrade sprint: OSGeo, Boundless, Vivid Solutions, How 2 Map, San Jose Water Company, Transient and Geobeyond (with in-kind sponsors GeoSolutions, CCRi, Astun Technology and Voyager).
About GeoServer 2.9
Articles, docs, blog posts and presentations:
Internals upgrade to spring-4 for Java 8 compatibility
REST configuration Resources (docs)
GeoServer Community modules provide an area for ideas and experimentation. Community highlights for this release:
- Community YSLD: The YSLD styling language provides a more concise alternative to SLD, while still sharing the same structure.
Community modules should be considered a work-in-progress and are subject to quality assurance, documentation IP checks and a maintainer before being considered ready for release.
- GeoServer repository transition to main branch
- FOSS4G 2018 GeoServer Developers Workshop
- GeoServer at FOSS4G 2017 Boston
- REST API Code Sprint Prep
- Nov 18th Bug Stomp
- Online GeoServer Bug Stomp - July 2016 Results
- Online GeoServer Bug Stomp
- GeoServer Explorer Plugin for QGIS
- New repository and release delay
- GeoServer FOSS4G 2015 Activities