Join the GeoServer team at FOSS4G 2019 Bucharest
The GeoServer team is excited to attend this years event, hosted August 26-30th by the Romanian OSGeo Local chapter of geo-spatial.org. We are happy to showcase a wide range of GeoServer activities and look forward to meeting you there.
Update: Bird of a feature sessions announced, GeoServer Flock and Demos Wednesday 18:00-19:30 Concerto
Workshops August 26-27th offer one of the main reasons to attend FOSS4G -hands-on experience with open source technology. GeoServer workshops include:
- GeoTools Developer Workshop
- Getting started with GeoServer: data configuration and styling
- GeoServer Developers Workshop
The early bird price of 50 EUR is an amazing value and well worth arriving earlier in the week.
The Main conference August 28-30 includes a wide range of GeoServer presentations covering project updates, highlighting the best features, key technologies and examples showcasing success stories.
- Creating Stunning Maps in GeoServer, with SLD, CSS, YSLD and MBStyles
- State of GeoServer 2019
- GeoServer feature frenzy
- Mapping the world beyond Web Mercator
- Crunching Data In GeoServer : Mastering Rendering Transformations, WPS Processes And SQL Views.
- GeoServer WFS3: introduction to the RESTful, schemaless, JSON first download service
- Standing up a OSM clone with GeoServer and CSS
- State of JAI
- The secret life of open source developers
- Using the OGC Web Processing Service (WPS) to move business logic to the server
- And many more …
This year also features labs which offer a hands-on experience open to all conference participants. GeoServer is represented with:
- Becoming a Documentation Contributor
- Introduction to OGC services, with examples from GeoServer
If you would like to attend a lab be sure to arrive early, when offered at prior conference labs have proven really popular (standing room only).
The week concludes with a FOSS4G Community Sprint (wiki signup). GeoServer opportunities include:
- Did you take the developer workshop? This is a great chance to make your first pull-request.
- Did you attend the Documentation Contributor Lab? Join us and put your new skills to use!
- Experienced GeoServer developers can use the wiki to organize additional topics prior to the event.
- OGC Filter Injection Vulnerability Statement
- GeoServer 2.22.0 Release
- GeoServer 2.21.2 Release
- Jiffle and GeoTools RCE vulnerabilities
- GeoServer 2.20.4 Released
- Spring4Shell RCE vulnerability
- GeoServer 2.20.3 Released
- GeoServer 2.19.5 Released
- GeoServer 2.19.4 Released
- Log4J2 zero day vulnerability assessment