|We are pleased to announce the release of GeoServer 2.15.3 with downloads (zip||war), documentation (html) and extensions.|
This is a maintenance release and is a recommended update for existing installations. This release is made in conjunction with GeoTools 21.3 and GeoWebCache 1.15.3. Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release.
For more information see the GeoServer 2.15.3 release notes.
Improvements and Fixes
This release includes a number of improvements, including:
- Enhance mongodb schema generation
- Allow setting Entity Expansion limit on WFS XML Readers
- Promote authkey to extension (GSIP-174)
- Make MongoDB App-Schema schema rebuilder endpoints only rebuild schemas present in mappings.
- Promote status-monitoring module from Community to Extension
- Upgrade Jetty to 9.4.18.v20190429
A number of fixes are also present:
- WMS GetFeatureInfo formats text/html, text/plain, text/xml and application/vnd.ogc.gml (GML2) don’t handle time correctly
- Wrong URL scheme in layer preview (when using HTTPS)
- GetCapabilities on a single layer fails if a style is duplicated
- Renaming a layer doesn’t update Data Security rules
- SLD file renamed with REST PUT request when not needed
- GeoTIFF sources configured with GeoServer 2.14.x might not work in 2.15.x
- Style editor extension point not working
- NullPointerException on WFS ComplexGeoJsonWriter Link check
- Switching from System Status to Modules tab gives an error.
- Nodata is not made transparent after channelSelect+contrastEnhancement on multibands dataset
- WFS GeoJSONBuilder limits max nested level to 20
About GeoServer 2.15 Series
Additional information on the 2.15 series:
- Layer service settings allow WFS, WMS, WPS to be enabled on a layer by layer basis.
- GeoFence internal server extension a new approach to access control
- Style Editor supports auto-complete using control-space shortcut.
- SLD REST Service extension supports generation of thematic styles for vector and raster content.
- WPS vendor operation GetExecution Status and Dismiss, management of running processes.
- Java 11 can now be used, see Running on Java 11.
- JAI-EXT operations are now enabled by default.
Release notes ( 2.15.2 2.15.1 2.15.0 2.15-RC 2.15-M0)
Java 11 comparability is the result of a successful code-sprint. Thanks to participating organizations (Boundless, GeoSolutions, GeoCat, Astun Technology, CCRi) and sprint sponsors (Gaia3D, atol, osgeo:uk, Astun Technology).