|We are pleased to announce the release of GeoServer 2.16.2 with downloads (war||zip), documentation (html||pdf) and extensions.|
This is a stable release recommended for production systems.
Improvements and Fixes
This release includes a number of improvements, including:
- Support for vector custom dimensions (in addition to time and elevation)
- Allow limiting the number of concurrent jobs in the importer extension
- Default style descriptions wording improvement (as they are visible in capabilities documents)
Fixes included in this release:
- The REST API fixes regarding datastore and feature type handling (see notes for details)
- Fixed 100% CPU usage at idle on data directories with tens of thousands of layers
- Don’t delay startup on an unresponsive cascaded WMS server
- Make sure to truncate fully tile caches with parameters
- Make GWC caching kick in also when using local workspaces along with non qualified layer names
- And various others!
For more information check the 2.16.2 release notes.
For developers building from source, our community modules are a great place to collaborate on functionality and improvements.
- The templated JSON-LD output format, supporting both simple and complex features, has been backported to 2.16.x. We are grateful for the sponsorship of the French geological survey – BRGM and the French environmental information systems research center – INSIDE, which made its development possible.
About GeoServer 2.16
Features, presentations and reference material on the 2.16 series:
- State of GeoServer 2.16 (video|slides)
- GeoServer Feature Frenzy 2019 (video|slides)
- New SLDService extension using data classification for style generation
- New authentication key extension available
- Server status page now includes system status details
- GDAL 2.x binaries are now used for GDAL image formats along with OGR WFS output and WPS output formats
- Release Notes ( 2.16.2 | 2.16.1 | 2.16.0 | 2.16-RC1 )