|We are pleased to announce the release of GeoServer 2.16.3 with downloads (war||zip), HTML documentation and extensions.|
This is a stable release recommended for production systems.
Improvements and Fixes
This release includes a number of improvements, including:
- New “clip” vendor option in WMS GetMap.
- The SLD generation service can now create classified styles with per class percentages of occupation.
- Various WMS cascading improvements, including:
- Options to configure min/max scale denominator for cascaded WMS layers, as well as to limit the cascading requests to the declared BBOX.
- Options to configure formats and styles used in cascading.
- GetLegendGraphic now works with external WMS layers too.
- The configuration UI got improved too, in particular:
- It’s possible to show dates of creation and last modification in the resource lists (layers, stores, and so on).
- Search filters in lists are now remembered when moving across pages.
- Data level security can be edited in a new dedicated tab at the single resource level (e.g., while in the layer page).
- Mass truncation requests added to GWC, and the tile layer page lists layers faster
- Monitoring can now skip post-processors, and can log the time needed to render each layer in a multi-layer request.
- WFS supports per workspace stored queries.
- The SQL Server now ships with the latest open source JDBC driver by Microsoft, no longer need to fetch it separately.
- The download process (community module) can now return image mosaic single granules in their native CRS, when requesting a single one out of a heterogeneous CRS mosaic.
- Layer level CQL filter is now respected by complex feature layers too.
Fixes included in this release:
- WMS legend decorations got some attention, improving their size management
- Improved support for map wrapping while using rendering transformations generating raster data (raster to raster or vector to raster ones)
- And various others!
For more information check the 2.16.3 release notes.
For developers building from source, our community modules are a great place to collaborate on functionality and improvements.
- The templated JSON-LD output format, supporting both simple and complex features, has been backported to 2.16.x. We are grateful for the sponsorship of the French geological survey – BRGM and the French environmental information systems research center – INSIDE, which made its development possible.
About GeoServer 2.16
Features, presentations and reference material on the 2.16 series:
- State of GeoServer 2.16 (video|slides)
- GeoServer Feature Frenzy 2019 (video|slides)
- New SLDService extension using data classification for style generation
- New authentication key extension available
- Server status page now includes system status details
- GDAL 2.x binaries are now used for GDAL image formats along with OGR WFS output and WPS output formats
- Release Notes ( 2.16.3 | 2.16.2 | 2.16.1 | 2.16.0 | 2.16-RC1 )
- OGC Filter Injection Vulnerability Statement
- GeoServer 2.22.0 Release
- GeoServer 2.21.2 Release
- Jiffle and GeoTools RCE vulnerabilities
- GeoServer 2.20.4 Released
- Spring4Shell RCE vulnerability
- GeoServer 2.20.3 Released
- GeoServer 2.19.5 Released
- GeoServer 2.19.4 Released
- Log4J2 zero day vulnerability assessment