This release is made in conjunction with GeoTools 24.1 and GeoWebCache 1.18.1. This is a stable release recommended for production systems.
Thanks to everyone who contributed, and Alessandro Parma, Andrea Aime (GeoSolutions) for making this release.
Improvements and Fixes
This release includes a number of improvements. Notable improvements:
- New option allow to tile cache WMS requests that align to gridsets, even if
tiled=trueis not present.
- New process grouping features by attribute, and then selecting a single one out of the group, in particular, the feature with the min or max value of a given attribute. Can be used either as a rendering transformation or a stand-alone WPS process.
- GeoFence integrated UI allows to configure security rules by IP address ranges.
Fixes included in this release:
- Better WPS packaging, including the required CSV libraries.
- Better support for WMS XML post requests in workspace local services.
- Addressed incompatibility with macOS 11 preventing startup
For more information check the 2.18.1 release notes.
For developers building from source, our community modules are a great place to collaborate on functionality and improvements.
- The “feature template” module has received assorted improvements
About GeoServer 2.17
Additional information on GeoServer 2.18 series: