GeoServer 2.18.2 Released
We are pleased to announce the release of GeoServer 2.18.2 with downloads ( war | bin ), documentation and extensions.
This release is made in conjunction with GeoTools 24.2 and GeoWebCache 1.18.2. This is a stable release recommended for production systems.
Thanks to everyone who contributed, and Alessandro Parma, Andrea Aime (GeoSolutions) for making this release.
Improvements and Fixes
This release includes a number of fixes in core and extensions:
- Improved GWC seeding scalability (also check GWC 1.18.2 release notes).
- Fixed back-links generation during WPS asynchronous requests, when a proxy base URL is used.
- Fixed a GeoFence server packaging issue.
- A number of dependent libraries have been upgraded, including the PostgreSQL and MySQL JDBC drivers, HTTP components, Guava.
Things get really interesting when looking at functionality provided by community modules:
- The new support for COGs based on ImageIO Ext landed in a community module, adding it adds support for COG in both the GeoTIFF reader and image mosaic. Support for harvesting COG granules is also added in the REST API.
- A deadlock in JDBCConfig has been resolved, along with issues related to high load when GeoServer has just started up.
- The WPS download “map” and “animation” processes sport improved legend support.
For more information check the 2.18.2 release notes.
About GeoServer 2.18
Additional information on GeoServer 2.18 series:
- OGC Filter Injection Vulnerability Statement
- GeoServer 2.22.0 Release
- GeoServer 2.21.2 Release
- Jiffle and GeoTools RCE vulnerabilities
- GeoServer 2.20.4 Released
- Spring4Shell RCE vulnerability
- GeoServer 2.20.3 Released
- GeoServer 2.19.5 Released
- GeoServer 2.19.4 Released
- Log4J2 zero day vulnerability assessment