GeoServer 1.7.6 marks the seventh stable release of the 1.7 series.
As the development focus of the GeoServer team moves more towards the eventual release of 2.0, the 1.7 series is winding down. This release focused mostly on bug squashing and general stability, with improvements implemented for the shapefile output format and Next Generation Oracle datastore.
In addition, a few highly coveted features were added for this release. The ArcSDE datastore now supports connectivity to non-spatial tables as well as connection to a specified database version. KML support has also been extended to include output of 3d lines.
The WMS rendering issue discussed in a previous post is also included in this release.
- GeoServer repository transition to main branch
- FOSS4G 2018 GeoServer Developers Workshop
- GeoServer at FOSS4G 2017 Boston
- REST API Code Sprint Prep
- Nov 18th Bug Stomp
- Online GeoServer Bug Stomp - July 2016 Results
- Online GeoServer Bug Stomp
- GeoServer Explorer Plugin for QGIS
- New repository and release delay
- GeoServer FOSS4G 2015 Activities