|We are pleased to announce the release of GeoServer 2.16.1 with downloads (war||zip), documentation (html||pdf) and extensions.|
This is a stable release recommended for production systems.
Note: Our builds detected a change in Oracle JDK 8u221 URL handling; this release was made with 8u202 as a result. Future releases will be made using OpenJDK.
Improvements and Fixes
This release includes a number of improvements, including:
- The REST API now supports configuring the WMTS
- New hideEmptyRules LEGEND_OPTION to hide rules not matching any features
Fixes included in this release:
- SLDService generated raster classifiers are not overwriting the default style any longer
- Monitoring extension fixed to respect GEOSERVER_AUDIT_PATH setting
- Cascaded WMTS now makes use of provided credentials
For more information check the 2.16.1 release notes.
Please update your production instance of GeoServer to receive the latest security updates and fixes.
If you encounter a security vulnerability in GeoServer please respect our responsible disclosure policy.
For developers building from source, our community modules are a great place to collaborate on functionality and improvements.
- ncWMS GetTimeSeries now supports time ranges with period and excludes nodata from results
- hz-cluster improved synchronization events
About GeoServer 2.16
Features, presentations and reference material on the 2.16 series:
- State of GeoServer 2.16 (video|slides)
- GeoServer Feature Frenzy 2019 (video|slides)
- New SLDService extension using data classification for style generation
- New authentication key extension available
- Server status page now includes system status details
- GDAL 2.x binaries are now used for GDAL image formats along with OGR WFS output and WPS output formats
- Release Notes ( 2.16.1 | 2.16.0 | 2.16-RC1 )