Are you or your organization serving data publicly via GeoServer? Would you like this data to be searchable via Google Maps?
At OpenGeo we are testing out new “geo search” functionality in GeoServer. We believe this is the future of finding geospatial information on the web. While still in development, this functionality will be available to all in GeoServer 1.7.2 when it is released.
We have a sample of a search in Google Maps that brings up data served by GeoServer. (You can click on the blue markers to see information about the data set.)
We are very interested in working with organizations with public data to help test this. We are willing to donate resources to help configure your servers so that your public-facing data can become even more accessible. When we announce this functionality to the world, your geospatial information will be prominently featured.
If you are interested please email me: mike AT opengeo DOT org.
- GeoServer repository transition to main branch
- FOSS4G 2018 GeoServer Developers Workshop
- GeoServer at FOSS4G 2017 Boston
- REST API Code Sprint Prep
- Nov 18th Bug Stomp
- Online GeoServer Bug Stomp - July 2016 Results
- Online GeoServer Bug Stomp
- GeoServer Explorer Plugin for QGIS
- New repository and release delay
- GeoServer FOSS4G 2015 Activities